The deadline for submitting the films to the Secretariat is three months and 15 July 2016 is the last day.
The 4th Festival is a competition event and the winners will receive the Festival’s Statue. A jury comprising domestic and international filmmakers and critics shall judge the films in two national and international sections.
In the National Films Section, the Festival Statues and other prizes shall be awarded to the best fiction and feature film, best documentary, best animation, best feature director, best documentary director, best film script, best leading female and male actors, best female child actor, best cinematography, best sound mixing and best editing.
In the International Film Section, the Festival Statue shall be awarded to the best feature film, best documentary, best short film and best animation.
International Women’s Film Festival – Herat was founded by Armanshahr/OPEN ASIA and Roya Film House in March 2013.
The last 3 editions of the Festival were held in the ancient Citadel of Herat and attracted one thousand films from the region and from across the world. A number of renowned national and international filmmakers attended the three previous editions of the festival, hundreds of the media covered them worldwide and thousands of people watched a selection of the films. The International Women’s Film Festival- Herat is perhaps the most important cultural event of its kind in the Heart of Asia.
Conditions for participation
• The deadline for submitting the films to the Festival Secretariat is 15 July 2016.
• Submitted films should either have been made by female directors or have addressed women’s issues if they have been made by male directors.
• Participants may send in their films directly by post, email or by sending their URL to the Secretariat at the addresses below. It is to be noted that the Secretariat shall not bear the expenses for sending the films.
• The films shall be submitted in any of the HDV, HD, 2K and 4K formats.
• Participants are required to fill in the enclosed form in full and send it with their films to the Secretariat, otherwise their films shall not be admitted.
• One photograph from the film’s director and at least 3 pictures from the film’s posters in JPEG format as well as clips should be enclosed.
• If you plan to send the films through the Internet, the files should not exceed 2 GB. In that case, you may use the following URL to send them: https://www.wetransfer.com or use other on-line transfer software.
Address: Roya Film House, 1st Alley of Dehmazang/Tappeh Salam, Opposite Mohammadieh Mosque, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Tel: Afghanistan: +93798106275/+93707139784 or +93700427244
Tel: International: +33662153297/+31646531624