Human Rights in Russia: continuing violations and new concerns
In a very tense pre-electoral atmosphere, the situation of Human Rights defenders is more worrysome than ever. In the framework of the Observatory for the Protection of Human rights defenders (a joint programme of FIDH and OMCT), FIDH has repeatedly denounced the attacks and harassment against members of the civil society, which jeopardize their legitimate and fundamental work.
On the same topic :
- Note entitled “Kadyrov vs. Orlov: The defence of human rights on trial
- Two Years After the Murder of Natalya Estemirova: Investigation on the Wrong Track
- Open Letter to the Legislative Assembly of Saint Petersburg about a bill penalizing "the promotion of homosexuality"
- Attack against Mr. Philipp Kostenko
- Judicial harassment against Mr. Igor Kalyapin
- Demonstrations denouncing electoral irregularities repressed
- Acts of harassment against Ms. Evgenia Chirikova, leader of the Campaign for the Defence of the Khimki Forest
- Attack against Mr. Bakhrom Khamroev
- Observation report on the trial of Human rights defender Aleksei Sokolov
- Israilov Case
- Report Russian society under control and its two updates: The Situation in the Northern Caucasus 2009-2010: Human Rights Violations Stemming from the Antiterrorism Campaign Continue and Persecution of Muslims and Muslim Organizations Charged With Terrorism and Extremism
About minority rights violations:
- Report on Tajik migrants situation in Russia
- Reports on socio-economic rights of the homeless, migrants and Roma people
All of the publications on Human Rights issues in Russia are available here.